There are a ton of reasons why people can’t seem to get enough of California when it comes to traveling alone, with a couple, or with a family. The Golden State is one of the top tourist attractions in the U.S. simply because there are just way too many attractions to visit. If you are headed to the Land of the Free, then you should quickly book a flight to California. California is such a huge state, so where should you go exactly? From beaches to Hollywood, there are just so many places to choose from. For something different yet exciting and worth the trip, you might want to book a few days at the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort.
The Sycamore Springs Mineral Resort is located in San Luis Obispo County, California. It is nestled within the Central Coast of California’s clean and pristine Avila Beach, meaning you can get the best of both worlds in one trip.
The resort itself is located on over 100 wooded acres making it a unique destination not only in California but in the entire U.S. as well. Since its inception in the late 19th century, the resort has been a popular spot for retreats and deeply relaxing experiences. While it is mostly known for its mineral springs, the Sycamore Springs Mineral Resort is best enjoyed because of its numerous activities and amenities such as spas and events places.
How To Get To Sycamore Springs Mineral Resort
The Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa is located on approximately 116 acres of land in the Avila Valley. It’s not easy to miss as it is located right between Los Angeles and San Francisco, just one mile off of the CA State Highway 101 and 8 miles from the airport in San Luis Obispo, California. From the airport, you can simply hire a car to get to the resort. However, we recommend renting a car from one of California’s many rental companies, instead, as it is cheaper. It also helps you enjoy the pristine Avila Valley.
If you are driving and are northbound of CA State Highway 101, you should first exit Avila Beach Drive. Continue driving and follow the road as it curves to the left. From here, you can see a scenic view of Avila Valley. Continue driving until you reach the resort which is one mile down on the left-hand side of the road.
If you are driving southbound from CA State Highway 101, exit Avila Beach Drive but DO NOT take the Avila Beach San Luis Bay Drive exit. Continue driving and then turn right at the stop sign onto Avila Beach Drive. Again, the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort is located one mile down on the left-hand side.
Before You Go
You’re obviously excited to go to Sycamore Springs Mineral Resort but you need to hold your horses first. Before you go, there are some things that you may need to know and which may help you on your trip as well.
- The Resort Fee – The resort management charges what they call as a resort fee. This gives you access to a suite of services aside from pool access. This includes:
- Unlimited admission to all Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi Classes offered in our Yoga Dome
- Free Admission to our sister property Avila Hot Springs
- Access to our 24-hour bell services
- Free in-room coffee
- Free parking
- Room Rates – As with most resort and spas, the rates at Sycamore Springs will vary depending on a few factors. For the resort, these factors include the room type, dates of stay, length of stay, and the season. For a gist of the price, you can expect to pay for $199 to $890 a night.
- Hot Tubs – Regardless of what room you book, you have access to a personal private patio mineral springs hot tub. These mineral spring hot tubs will give you many health benefits. You may smell some sulfur in the springs but worry not as these are all natural pools and they are clean. In fact, Sycamore Springs contracts a third-party firm to do a checkup. These tubs aren’t always open though as you can’t use them between 11 PM and 7 AM.
- Resort Quiet Hours – Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort does its best to ensure the relaxation of all of its guest. As such, it implements quiet hours which everyone should abide by. The quiet hours are from 9 PM to 9 AM. During this time, guests are advised to keep television and radio volumes at low levels.
Sycamore Mineral Springs’ Amenities and Facilities that will Relax You
One of the main reasons why we travel is to take some time off the hustle and bustle in the city that we live in. Fortunately these days, it’s not that hard to find places to relax and unwind. The US alone has countless of the most relaxing spots to offer. But among all of them, the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa is one of the best places that we can highly recommend. Sure, there are a lot of resorts and spa that can offer nice facilities and atmosphere but there’s something about the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa that will truly make your vacation all the more relaxing than ever. Here some of which.
One of the reasons why Sycamore Mineral Springs is popular among many locals and tourists alike is that it has its own spa. Hence, there’s no need for you to check in a hotel and look for a different place to have a spa treatment.
Sycamore Mineral Springs has a variety of services to offer that will not just relax your body but your mind as well. They have massages, facials, and body treatments that are superb. In fact, it has been voted by Spa and Spa Finder magazines as a top global destination mineral spring resort. It is also a recipient of the prestigious “Silver Sage” and “Readers Choice” awards too.
- Sycamore Signature Massage – This 80-minute massage starts at $165. This promises to revive your senses with various therapeutic techniques combined.
- Hot Springs Stone Massage – This massage, on the other hand, only takes 15 minutes but starts at $180. This type of massage is for those who want to relieve mental fatigue and muscle tension with the use of different massage techniques and warm basalt stones.
- Deep Tissue Massage – This will only take you 50-80 minutes to complete with a starting rate of $130, which is much lower than the previous massages. This kind of massage if for those people who prefer a firm touch. The masseur uses techniques that include forearms, elbows, and knuckles to relieve muscle tightness.
- Destress Massage – A 50-minute massage for as low as $140, this, as its name suggests eases stress. It targets the parts of the body that are often mostly affected by strain such as neck, back, scalp, and shoulders.
- Mother-To-Be Massage – As its name suggests, this one is perfect for expectant mothers that guarantees to relieve tension and fatigue. This massage lasts for 50 minutes at $130 from Sunday to Friday and $140 on Saturdays.
- Integrative Swedish Massage – This massage makes sure to unwind, decompress, and relax you and restores your mind and body with the use of massage techniques from light to medium pressure. It lasts for 50-80 minutes depending on your preference and starts at $120.
- Tranquility for Two Couples Massage – This is best for couples who both want to get a massage. Therapists will perform side-by-side Swedish massages to help restore connection, unity, and collective calm with your partner. This lasts for 50-80 minutes and its rate starts at $130.
- O2 Oxygenating Facial – This gentle and invigorating facial will unveil a fresher and healthier skin. Your skin will feel more hydrated, radiant, and clearer.
- Illuminating Facial – This instantly revitalizes and makes the skin more luminous as it targets uneven skin, blemishes, and fine lines. This will definitely reveal a new level of your skin’s radiance.
- Ultimate Lifting Facial – Aside from lifting your skin, as its name suggests, this facial treatment promises to brighten and tighten your skin too. It also strengthens and improve your skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- Stone Crop Essential Facial – This facial treatment will regularize your skin type. It will calm sensitive type skin and oily and dry skins will be balanced. The signs of sun damage will be lightened too.
- Vibrant Skin Facial – This treatment will make you look younger than ever as it reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also makes the skin firmer, tighter, and plumper.
Sycamore Mineral Springs also offers treatments for the body such as a hydrating body scrub as well as detox body brushing and blueberry scrub that will leave your skin radiantly renewed.
2Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa Accommodations
The hotel’s room plays a big part in bringing comfort for every guest. And so Sycamore Mineral Springs made sure that it has put a good amount of effort in its accommodations too. Here, you have more than 70 beautifully decorated rooms and suites to choose from. You have the spa guest rooms where you can get to relax in two doubles, queen, or king-sized beds along with its amenities plus you have a private and fully-fenced balcony with a mineral water hot tub.
Sycamore also has spa suites that lets you enjoy a picturesque hillside view from your patio and mineral spring tub. It has more space so you will definitely feel like a VIP. And unlike the spa guest rooms, you have a walk-in shower with dual shower heads, two writing tables, two flat screen TVs, and a mini-wet bar with sink. They also have a spa suite where you can get to enjoy a king-sized bed placed in a separate bedroom and you have a more spacious living room with a fireplace.
If you want a bigger room, their two-story spa suite will surely make you feel the high life. As its name suggests, you can have two floors by yourself. Upstairs, you have the bedroom with a four-post king bed, a writing desk and a television. It also has a huge bathroom with a walk-in shower. Downstairs, you have a spacious living area with a dining table, a queen sofa sleeper, mini-wet bar and sink, a flat screen TV, and a walk-in shower too. The best part of it is that you have the best views of the hillside and the Avila Valley.
If you’re traveling with friends or family, Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa offers a junior suite, a newly renovated suite that has a master bedroom and a cozy second bedroom where everyone can relax. It also has a larger outdoor patio and a hot tub that’s perfect if you want to enjoy a relaxing evening.
Sycamore a two-story guesthouse too. This one, on the other hand, is the biggest accommodation that they have. It has three bedrooms and three baths. Plus, you have a full kitchen and two outdoor mineral water tubs.
And, of course, these rooms aren’t just spacious and complete with amenities but they are comfortable as well. Each has nice interiors that don’t just feel comfortable but are luxurious as well.
Aside from the private tubs that every room and suite has, Sycamore Mineral Springs also has a waterfall lagoon for that relaxing tropical retreat. It is a private pool of jade green mineral water that will totally awaken your senses and relax your mind and body. The flowing waterfall adds more tranquility to the environment. However, its Oasis Waterfall Lagoon can only accommodate up to 20 guests at an hourly rate of $22.50 per person. On Mondays through Thursdays, a minimum of four people are required to reserve the place privately. From Friday to Sunday, on the other hand, six people are required. Also, note that you need to make reservations first. If you plan to try it out, you can make reservations here.
Sycamore Mineral Springs also offers healing arts and yoga retreats to fully relax the mind. They have healing arts classes that can provide simple and pure approach to wellness. With this, you’ll be able to stretch, strengthen, rejuvenate, and calm your mind and body for a better you. Professional instructors will guide you on this. What’s even better is that they offer daily classes such as Pilates, Tai Chi, Yoga, and more too. And the best part of it is that if you’re one of the resort guests, you will receive unlimited complimentary classes. Note that it’s a first come first serve basis and private instructions are available upon request. Don’t worry much if you’re not a resort guest as such classes are open to the public and are priced person, per session.
Of course, Sycamore Mineral Springs can also give you the most relaxing vacation through its dining options. It has its own restaurant so you won’t have to go out and look for a restaurant. Breakfast is served from 8 to 11 AM, Monday to Friday and 8 AM to 2 PM on weekends. Lunch is from 11 Am to 5 PM on weekdays and 2-5Pm on weekends. Meanwhile, dinner is from 5 PM to 9 Pm. Have we mentioned that they have a happy hour daily from 3 PM to 6 PM too?